twitter
rss

Starting the week off with Nursery Rhymes and Sing Along Books was GREAT! The class loved the Youtube Videos, especially the Five Little Speckled Frogs. (I think it was the cute animation that got them hooked. ) We compared and contrasted Fiction Books with Nursery Rhymes and Sing Along Books. :)
We agreed that both have characters, a setting, words... However, Nursery Rhymes have a rhyming pattern and Sing Along Books are sang instead of just being read normal.

Here are a few of the Sing Along Books that the class had the pleasure of hearing me sing.  Lucky for you... I found Youtube Videos.haha
              

                                 

I told the students about acting this out with my brother when I was their age. :)

                                 
I did the hand claps for this one. I thought I was very cool! haha The class just laughed. haha


Then I introduced a KWL Chart... and the class did great on telling me the facts they know about bats!! A few tried throwing in opinions, but because we learned all about opinions with Opinion Writing. The class would yell out, "That's an OPINION!!" haha  Asking them what they wanted to learn was a little tricky. Some felt they knew everything and others just said no. So I had to probe a bit there. Then we read Gail Gibbons book BATS and WOW. The class came alive again!!  Listening to them share with their buddies was wonderful. They sounded like the Author. :) I wrote down on the chart what students said they learned. Enjoy!
I wrote numbers next to the information, that is the student the information came from. :)
Then during our Writer's Block the students were asked to write at least one fact they had learned about bats. Enjoy the pictures from the November Bulletin Board... its ADORABLE!!! Plus the writing I received was great!
The bats were made with hand prints. There were so many smiles and giggles when they were being made. :)





 

Here's a sound video (only sound and a photograph of the bat) from echolocation. You could hear a pin drop in class when this was playing. :)

            

0 comments:

Post a Comment