twitter
rss

I need to begin by telling all of you that you have the SWEETEST children ever. :) The kids did great during the lessons and the carving of our pumpkin!! No one screamed out during the pulling of the "guts", only made yucky faces. haha  I also need to mention that we had 2 fire drills today and they were terrific both times. (Another teacher even commented that our class was amazing and I had to respond with an, "I know! They are an amazing bunch.":) Made me so proud!!!) Plus we had a parent Volunteer in the classroom today and she was able to paint picture frames with the whole class... It was a VERY busy day!

Anyway, let me get back on track... :) We began our Pumpkin lesson describing the outside of the pumpkin. Then when everyone was away at their Reading Stations, I brought out the knife and cut the pumpkin open on the bottom. I KNOW, I KNOW... a handful of the kids told me I was wrong and that I needed to do it on the top because that's how their Daddies do it. My reply, "I'm an expert guys. I've got this." Needless to say, but EVERYONE laughed at me. haha Seems no one in the class thinks I'm an expert.  After that we gathered around the table and the class got a chance to observe the inside of the pumpkin. (Wait till you see the pictures of their faces... PRICELESS! haha) Every student participated in cleaning out the inside of the pumpkin, it was a 18 person job!! Then we went back to the carpet wrote more on our observation paper and voted on the pumpkin face. I carved the face while the class was at Art. Finally we ended with Functional writing and of course... PICTURES! :)




Enjoy the slide show!!
   
                           Click to play this Smilebox slideshow   
                         Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
                          This slideshow design customized with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos. I don't know how you find the time to do it all...but I am so grateful. Love seeing what my Bailey girl does all day...and seeing all her sweet friends. :)

  1. Thank you! Ms. Godbold has taken every single picture. :) She has become the best photographer!!

Post a Comment