twitter
rss

Before I even start this Earth Day post, I need to post this video: What a Wonderful World sung by Louis Armstrong. 
 I LOVE THIS SONG!! 
(I even sang along while the class watched it. haha)
                               


Now, continuing on... 
We began our day with Mrs. Noah Thomas coming for our Library Visit. :) She read the class a book about Earth Day and told them lots of facts. Then she had the class pick up garbage (clean garbage haha ) that she had scattered all through out our room. Let me repeat ALL THROUGH OUT THE ROOM, it was everywhere!! haha She ended her lesson with the class making the cutest "Litter Bugs" and then showing everyone her favorite insects... Creepy Crawly Candy. :) She brought in a candy bag for everyone.
After lunch we painted our Earth People. I LOVED watching the class use the water color paints. Mrs. Phillips (the Art Teacher) has taught them how to activate the paint with water and everyone is a painting expert. :) I have a few pictures of the painting in the slideshow, but I wasn't able to get any of the finished projects. I will add them to the post tomorrow. :)
We ended our Earth Day fun by being Campus Cleaners!!! Everyone put on gloves and then thought about team Names... One team was The Gators and the other was The Jaguars. (Unfortunately I don't remember who was on what team... so you'll have to ask your child.) It was a little tricky not screaming outside... but because of FCAT Testing we had to use regular voices and most people did great. :)


Enjoy the Slideshow below!!
                              Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
                             Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
                             Customize a free photo slideshow

0 comments:

Post a Comment