twitter
rss

 
You will be getting a lot of information about this on Monday after the Kickoff Assembly, but I wanted to give you a little heads up about the whole thing now. :) Plus I had my Coach/Teacher Meeting about it today and the information is fresh in my brain!
 
Check out the song, we listen to it during every assembly and it gets stuck in everyone's heads... including mine! :) haha
Boosterthon is a Fundraiser that helps you raise money for your school by having people pledge donations for a Fun Run! Donations can be for every lap that you complete or a flat donation for participating. (**The laps are 1/16 of a regular track. It is a kid size track. NOT an adult size... I want to make you all VERY aware of this in case your donation is per lap.) Most students complete between 30-35 laps. The maximum amount of laps they can run is 35. Here is a link to the Boosterthon website in case you want to read all about them. :)

Also, I want to include that we will have a 15 minute assembly every day next week (Feb 3-7) in the Multi-Purpose Room. We will be discussing character traits that everyone should have, they are listed below.  (I don't want to lose any Academic Time... so be prepared for your child to be bummed that Recess Time will be shortened.) 

 



During the Kick Off Assembly every student will receive a Cinch Sports Bag to wear during the Fun Run. They have a grid on the bag that we will use to mark off every lap the students complete. Check out the picture below. :)  (I would hate if any student forgot to bring the bag to school on the Fun Run Day, so I will keep all of them at school labeled with the students Classroom Numbers.) 
This is what the grid will look like on the Cinch Sports Bag.


If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. This is only my second year doing the Boosterthon, so I may need to ask the "Boosterthon Guys" the question... but I will get you an answer as soon as possible. :)  

Check out the blog every day next week to see what our Daily Character Trait was. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment