twitter
rss

The class really enjoyed the Youtube Presidents video about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. :) I didn't hear to many voices sing along to it, but I had a whole class of heads that bopped along to the beat.

When I began making my George Washington faces on paper plates, the class was a little skeptical. haha  I glued on the blue hat, added some cotton balls... then when I drew the face (with all the facial details! Your kids don't ever let me forget eyebrows on anything! :) haha) they finally accepted that it was George Washington.  The class did great making theirs. They helped each other and shared supplies. :) Everyone's George face look good. Then I added some glitter and hot glued them to paint sticks from Home Depot... and viola! We had the CUTEST George Washington masks I had ever seen!! Watching the kids enter the room on Thursday and see the masks was the cutest thing ever!! They held them up to their faces and they pretended to be George. :)  Well then I informed them we would be making an Abraham Lincoln mask and they would be glued on the back of the George Washington mask.... their eyes lit up like it was Christmas time! :)

Here are pictures of the glass with their George masks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pictures with the Abraham Lincoln masks... but your children brought them home today. So hopefully everyone got to see how cute they were. :)
       

                                Click to play this Smilebox slideshow               
                                Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
                    A free slideshow design by Smilebox

0 comments:

Post a Comment